Tuesday, April 2, 2013

G and Deeda’s house

I have to back track a little because I don’t think I have mentioned the fact that after the wedding in Atlanta we drove to Birmingham and then left Mac there for the week!  It was his spring break, and I thought we all decided it was the perfect time to let him stay with G and Deeda and do all the fun Birmingham things without his little brother slowing him down (not that Copey really slows anyone down, but you know that I mean!).

I admit that I cried a few tears when I hugged him goodbye, but Mac wasn’t phased.  Matter of fact he was practically pushing Albi and I out the door.  Based on the pictures Vicki shared with me, it is safe to say he had a GREAT time. 

One morning he built a zoo in anticipation of going to the zoo that afternoon!   

zoo 

At some point he built some sort of “shooting machine” to help tranquilize the animals so they could get medical care.  At least that was my understanding of the story he told me.  IMG_3436

The rest of the pictures are from the trip to the zoo.  The Birmingham zoo currently has a dinosaur exhibit with huge life size dinosaurs that move and make sounds.  Mac was in utter amazement and wanted his picture with all of them!  He also got to feed the giraffe (he immediately told me he did not like the slimey tongue and wanted to wash his hands – typical Mac), ride the train, ride the carousel, and play on the zoo playground.  Mac told me it was the best. day. ever.

IMG_3437

IMG_3439

IMG_3440

IMG_3441

IMG_3442

IMG_3444 

IMG_3449

IMG_3451 

IMG_3452 IMG_3453

They also went to a jumpy place, toys r us, and pretty much did whatever Mac wanted for four days straight.  All of us in Pensacola missed Mac a ton but talks on facetime helped us get our Mac fix.  The first person Mac asked to talk to every time we got on the phone was Copey.  It was so cute listening to them try to have a conversation as Mac asked long complicated questions about Coe’s day and Coe responded with things like “played cars with KK” and “luv you too Mackey!”  Mac was very brave while he was away and didn’t ask to come home until the last night. 

A few stories G shared with me while Mac was gone:

Mac: Hey G you know what I know about you and Yaya?

G: What?

Mac: You are both really old

G: Oh really

Mac: yeah but you are a lot older than Yaya!

G: Mac one day you are going to be old too

Mac: I don’t want to be old.

G: Why not?  Deeda and I love being old.

Mac: Because you are really slow runner

G: You have never seen me run.  I may be really fast.

*G tried to show Mac how fast she could was at the jumpy place the next day.  When I talked to her later that evening she was just about dead!

------------

Mac: G can we play a little before bed?

G: No mommy said I had to have you in bed and lights of by 8 or she might not let you come back and stay with me

Mac: (after pondering this for a minute he asked) Is mommy in charge of you or are you in charge of mommy?

G: Mommy is in charge of me while I have you

Mac: Ok then I better go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment