Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Birthday G

We spent the weekend with G and Deeda who came to Pensacola to bring Mac home.  I was so excited for Mac to be home and to have the weekend for us to all spend together.  We cooked out Friday night and hung out at the house so Mac could play with his toys and little brother.  Not sure which he missed more!

G’s birthday is this week so we celebrated early and said Saturday was all about her. G wanted to go to the beach but the weather forecast was not looking good.  We woke up to sunny skies on Saturday morning so G, the boys and I decided to give the beach a try while Albi and Deeda played golf.  It turned out to be a gorgeous day at the beach.  The high was 89, so the with the breeze on the beach it was quite pleasant which is unusual for July.  The water was clearer than I have seen it in months and the waves were minimal.  It was also super shallow so we could go pretty far out in the water and Mac could still touch.  Coe threw sand and Mac “rode” the waves.  G and I enjoyed it all!  We fed the boys lunch on the beach and headed home around 12:30 just as the skies were darkening and the rain rolled in.  I didn’t take my good camera to the beach and really didn’t get any good pics with my phone.  We were all too busy enjoying the water and sand!

G and I did a little shopping at Dillards that afternoon while Copeland napped and Mac had quiet time.  I got her some blue Nike shoes for her birthday and got myself a matching pair!

_6917547G wanted to go back to the beach for dinner, so we headed to Flounders.  I got a few pictures before the boys took off for the playground. 

IMG_3192 IMG_3193(Need to figure out how to do a good head swap with these two pictures so I can have one shot with everyone looking!) 

IMG_3220IMG_3202

The boys loved playing on the playground at the restaurant.  We got a table right by the playground so Mac played his little heart out with a quick break to eat a few popcorn shrimp. Coe threw some more sand while Mac ran, climbed, slid, and swung!

 IMG_3203 IMG_3224

IMG_3205 IMG_3211

IMG_3215 After dinner we headed to the new ferris wheel on Pensacola Beach.

IMG_1914I have never had a fear of heights and have always been the first one to ride any roller coaster, but something about this ferris wheel made me nervous.  I think it was the fact that we had Copeland with us and he didn’t really want to sit in his seat.  Realistically I knew the doors wouldn’t open if he pushed on them while we were 100+ft in the air but I’ve handled too many lawsuits where things that aren’t supposed to malfunction do!  Thankfully there were no malfunctions during our ride and after a time or two around, I relaxed (a little) and enjoyed the view.    IMG_3227(Yes, Mac’s hair is wet.  He had a really good time playing on the playground!)  IMG_3228

We all had a great time celebrating G’s birthday and look forward to many more celebrations in the years to come.  Happy Birthday G!

No comments:

Post a Comment