Tuesday, August 28, 2012

B pajamas

Due to the threat of hurricane Isaac on the Gulf Coast school was cancelled for Monday and Tuesday.  Initially I was disappointed that school was cancelled for Monday because it was supposed to be Mac’s first day in VPK.  He has been so bored the past few weeks since summer camp ended, and we were all looking forward to him going back to school!  The positive of no school on Monday though meant a few extra minutes for Mac to snuggle in my bed before I had to get ready for work.

IMG_1706 IMG_1705

I have a pair of silky men’s style pajamas that Mac calls my “B” pajamas.  They feel like the outside edge of the blanket (aka “B”) he sleeps with every night, so he loves to snuggle next to me when I have on the B pajamas.  Mac cheered with delight – “yeah B pajamas, B pajamas” - when he climbed in my bed yesterday morning.  Who knows how much longer he will climb in bed and want to snuggle with me.  I really should buy a few more pairs of these pajamas so I can take full advantage of the snuggle time while he still wants to give it.   

IMG_1709There are mornings when I think I will never get to work at a decent hour because of all the things the boys can and will do to delay me, but I wouldn’t trade my mornings of getting ready with them for anything in the world.  Whether it is a few extra minutes snuggling in bed or chasing Coe around the bathroom as I try to get my lipstick back (he loves to dig his little finger in there and then use it as face paint!), these days will  be over before I know it.  Until then I will embrace the wild and crazy mornings.

1 comment: