Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Check ups

This post is a little boring but I want to document the boys current growth stats so here goes.

At Coe’s 1yo check up back in March he was 31 inches (85% in height) and 25.4 lbs (90% in weight).  I am never surprised by Coe’s weight percentage.  He eats alot (see Food Makes Me Happy) so above average for weight is no shock.  His length is always a little surprising to me though.  Albi and I are both pretty average in height.  Mac has always been and still remains right at 50th % for height.  Coe on the other hand continues to be well above average.  I keep thinking it is going to level off but so far he remains tall for his age.

The 15mo appointment was no different.  Coe was  33 inches (95% in height) and 27.5 lbs (85% in weight).  I asked Ms. Tavi (our all time favorite nurse practioner) if I needed to be concerned about Coe’s weight.  I’m not one of those mom’s that is going to put her baby on a diet.  We already eat fairly healthy, but I allow the boys to have sweets occasionally.  I asked only because I keep reading articles about how many obese children we have in America.  Ms. Tavi assured me that Coe is not obese and is in perfect proportion.  She said since he is 95% in length we expect and want his weight to be in the same percentile range.  Otherwise he would be considered underweight for his length.  Whew guess I don’t have to worry about how to pry the food out of Coe’s hands just yet!

Coe had to get “the pin” (Mac started calling shots “getting the pin” as soon as he could talk) at his 15mo check-up.  For all the parents out there who have taken their children for shots you know how horrible it is to look into those little unexpecting innocent eyes right before the nurse pokes them.  I always hate this part of the appointment.  Copeland got “the pin” three times at this appointment.  He never cried once!  Matter of fact he didn’t make a sound.  He didn’t flinch and just seemed to stare at the nurse with a look that asked “what are you doing with that thing?”  This was the easiest shot appointment I have to date.

Mac’s 4yr old check up was just as easy in large part because he didn’t have to get “the pin!”  Mac is 40.75 inches (60% in height) and 37.5lbs (60% in weight).  He remains average in size but definitely not in personality!  This was the first appointment where Mac had to put on a hospital gown and have his eyes and ears checked.  He passed both tests with flying colors and really loved getting to play with Ms. Tavi’s toys while she and I talked.  I took a few pictures at Mac’s first big boy appointment.

IMG_1762 IMG_1763 IMG_1764

As a reward for being good at the doctor’s office, Mac got some stickers and a smoothie after the appointment!  IMG_1766As you can see from the charts, Mac remains about 50% for weight and height and Copeland is around 95% for height and about 85% for weight.  Mac growth chart

coe growth chart

No comments:

Post a Comment