Friday, August 31, 2012

1st haircut

Today I spent the afternoon with the boys because Miss Colleen went out of town.  Copeland has been in need of a real haircut (as opposed to the crooked trims Yaya and I have done to avoid him having a mullet) so I made an appointment a few weeks ago for him to go in today and meet Ms. Karinia.  Karinia cuts my hair, Albi’s hair and Mac’s hair, so of course she had to cut Copeland’s.  As soon as we got to the salon, Mac announced to the receptionist that only the blonde haired boy was getting his hair cut!

Coe was already tired when we got there which I knew could be really good (too tired to be wiggly) or really bad (cranky and not willing to sit in the chair).  Thankfully it was the former and not the latter.  Copeland was very still in the chair, but he gave Karinia the stink eye from the first moment we arrived.  He wasn’t quite sure what she was doing with the water bottle and scissors but he was determined to watch intently in the mirror.   IMG_1768IMG_1767

Karinia and I both commented on how much calmer Copeland was than Mac at his first haircut and really every haircut since then!  Sitting still is just not Mac’s thing.  Coe never said a word and never cracked a smile until I offered him gummies. Then I finally got a sheepish grin out of him as he would softly whisper “'nuder (aka another) bite?”  The lollipop at the end was also a big hit!  IMG_1764 IMG_1765 IMG_1772IMG_1774 IMG_1773

My baby has his first big boy haircut.  He is growing up too fast!  Ms. Karinia did a great job as always.  Mac goes with Albi every 4 wks to get his haircut. I wonder if Albi can manage taking both of them…I’m thinking no on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment