Friday, February 8, 2013

Dr. Mac

My children rarely get sick, but I swear the last two months I feel like someone in our family is always sick.  This time it was Mac :(  It started with a cough that he had for over a week, but in all honesty it never slowed him down.  Then I get a call from school that he isn’t acting like himself and has a very low grade fever.  Miss Katie picked him up  from school, but after a dose of Motrin he was bouncing all over the house.  I thought we had dodged a bullet, but that night the fever came back, so I figured I better at least take him to the doctor the next morning (a Friday) before we had to go all weekend with the office closed. 

That night Mac came in our room to sleep because he said his head hurt, and he couldn't get comfortable.  At one point he looked at me and said, “my left ear hurts and I know I have an ear infection.”  This was the first time he mentioned his ear, but after that he consistently told me for the rest of the night and the next morning that his left ear was hurting. 

The next morning we got to the doctor’s office, she asked Mac how he was feeling.  Very matter of factly he replied, “I’m feeling pretty good, but I have a bad cough and I have an ear infection in the left ear.”  She chuckled at his self diagnosis and then looked in his ears.  She wiggled the right ear and asked if it hurt.  He said no.  She then did the same on the left, and he promptly told her, “the infection is not on the outside of my ear.  It is way down on the inside where you can’t see it!”  Wouldn’t you know, Dr. Mac was right.  The left ear was infected.    

Waiting on the Dr  IMG_2836 

Checking his BP while we waited on his RxIMG_2840

Getting to rest in mommy’s chairIMG_2774

1 comment:

  1. Wow - such a good kid to be sick but still funny at the same time. Hope everyone is well now.

    ReplyDelete