Sunday, September 23, 2012

Splash (vacation part 5…final)

Overall the vacation was great, but as with any vacation we had a few issues.  The biggest issue was really with Splash itself.  As I mentioned in the original vacation post the kids’ water park area was closed when we arrived.  Not only was this extremely disappointing, but the way Splash’s rental agency handled it was subpar at best.  No one mentioned this issue to us when we checked in, no explanation as to why the water park was closed was given, and no discount was offered due to this huge inconvenience.  All we got was this sign posted in the elevator. 

photo Now some may wonder what the big deal was.  We still had a pool, a lazy river and the beach.  This is true, but you have to understand that the whole reason we chose to stay at Splash was because of this…

pool2 A fully covered (aka out of the sun) kids water dream land.  If all I wanted was a condo on the beach with a pool, I had a million options.  I convinced the rest of our extended family to stay at Splash (which we knew wasn’t as new or as nice yet cost a little more than other condos) so the boys would have a fun play option out of the sun (my kids don’t tan well!) and away from the sand (which often isn’t their favorite thing!). We weren’t the only people upset mad.  I have never heard as many parents complaining as I did on this trip.  Everyone with children under 6 (which was 75% of the people staying at Splash) was mad.

Madeline and I were getting on the elevator right next to the water park on Monday night and we noticed they were filling it up with water hoses.  We saw a Splash employee and asked what was going on.  He said they were going to open the water park the next morning because “we have got to make some parents happy around here!”  YEAH! 

Tuesday was our last day and Mac was thrilled when I told him the water park was open.  Albi was golfing with Fil so G and I headed to the water park first thing.  The boys were WILD and HAPPY despite the cold FREEZING water!

IMG_3793  IMG_3797 IMG_3796IMG_3799 IMG_3803 IMG_3806 IMG_3807 IMG_3808 IMG_3809 IMG_3810 IMG_3813 IMG_3815 IMG_3817 IMG_3821 IMG_3824IMG_3827  IMG_3828 IMG_3831 IMG_3834 IMG_3835The boys played in the water until Coe’s lips were blue then we headed down to the beach for a few hours before going to the water park one more time before lunch.  Madeline and Mallory came the 2nd time which just added to the boys excitement.  If Mac told us once he told us a hundred times, “I love my cousins more than anything in this world.  My cousins are Madeline, Mallory and Finley.” 

Whenever a visit with the Gilmers comes to an end I always wish we lived closer and could see each other more often.  Mac really does love his cousins, and I think a regular dose of Deeda discipline would be good for Mac :)  I’m glad we have all the pictures to look back on.  Mac and Coe both love looking through our vacation photo books.  I guess I better get started on the beach book!IMG_1936 IMG_3837 IMG_3838 IMG_3839 IMG_3840 IMG_3841

Bye Bye beach vacation…IMG_3843

No comments:

Post a Comment