Monday, June 1, 2015

Last week of school

Although I couldn’t make it to Coe’s end of the school year water party {silly work depos}, I was able to make it to two events for Mac.  The Wednesday before school got out we celebrated the summer birthdays for Mac’s class.  Out of 17 kids, 7 of them have a summer birthday!  We had a huge cookies cake, sidewalk chalk and bubbles.  The kids had a blast. 
Two days later it was Field Day for K-7th grade.  It reminded me of my elementary school days at Cordova Park with tug-o-war, the rainbow parachute that everyone runs under, bean bag toss, and egg races. {The 3 legged race was mysteriously absent. Pretty sure a lawyer put an end to that leg breaking activity years ago.}  I also don’t recall the TCBY truck Showing up with frozen yogurt when I was in school, but I digress.

Mac had a great time in 1st grade and the last day of school was no exception.  I can’t believe I have a 2nd grader and refuse to consider the fact that Coe is in K4.  Time really needs to slow down!!!!

As Much fun as 1st and K3 have been, I am super excited for summer {pretty sure the boys are as well!}.  No more hurried mornings, packing lunches {that is daddy’s job anyway!}, and nighttime homework battles.  I have a feeling this is going to be a great summer with the Gilmer boys!

IMG_3511
IMG_8376
IMG_8378
IMG_8401
IMG_8405
IMG_8412
IMG_8418IMG_8419
IMG_8422
IMG_8425
IMG_8435
IMG_8438

No comments:

Post a Comment