Wednesday, December 12, 2012

LP parties

  • Christmas shopping – pretty much complete
  • Christmas cards – in the mail (and hopefully delivered today and tomorrow!)
  • Gifts wrapped – not exactly, but I have a little longer before that has to be completed
  • 2012 Photo books – completed and ordered
  • 2012 video – not even started, but I’m determined to finish before we leave for Birmingham since that is Mac’s favorite thing to watch on our Christmas road trips.
  • Blog – way behind, but trying to catch up

Last weekend was BUSY!  We had 5 holiday events over three days.  I’ll start with Friday.  I hosted my annual department luncheon and later that evening Albi and I headed to the LP Christmas party.  I always enjoy hanging out with my work friends in a social setting as opposed to the grind of the office. 

I cooked all the food for the luncheon (with the exception of the dessert) and I have to say it was pretty yummy.  The sandwiches weren’t quite as hot as I had wanted, but I didn’t realize that until after I had gotten them out of the oven, unwrapped them all and put them on the platter to serve.  Oh well.  I can’t ever get everything perfect when it comes to cooking.  Forrest stopped by briefly, so I could show off Finley, and she could take a few pictures.  Miss Katie and Copeland were picking up Mac from school and then heading to the park, so we could enjoy our lunch in peace.  Mac was very disappointed to come home and find out that his best bud Mr. Watson was gone but was thrilled one his favorite babysitters Miss Ashley was still there! IMG_5549 IMG_5550 IMG_5551 IMG_5553 IMG_5554IMG_5556It is a long story to explain the Gilmer Girls vs Rafferty Group debate, but the bottom line is all the girls got mugs as part of their Christmas presents from me.  I think that confirms the name change for the department.  Like I tell my boss, Troy Rafferty, the department may be called the Rafferty group, but it is run by the Gilmer girls!  (I’ll let you all know if I still have a job come Jan 1)mug Headed to the office party.

IMG_5558The photo booth was my favorite part of the Christmas party.  Albi asked me the next morning if I wanted a photo booth for Christmas since I love it so much.  I don’t think the booth would have quite the same effect if I could hop in it at anytime, but then again you may just see one in the corner where the piano used to be.  Wonder what my decorator would think of that?!?!

Me and my girls

MX-5001N_20121210_111419

photo booth_3

the Money Makersphoto booth_4

Albi can’t deny that he likes the photo booth too!photo booth_5

Troy, admit it.  You want to be a Gilmer Girl too!photo booth_2photo booth_1

No comments:

Post a Comment