Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Miles apart

I had to go to Birmingham for work on Monday.  I drove up on Sunday afternoon and took Mac with me.  We stayed with G and Deeda Sunday night and Monday morning I got up, went to my mediation and then drove home that night…by myself!  I left Mac in Birmingham to spend the week with his grandparents. 

I took this picture of him before I left for mediation that morning.  He was so busy watering the flowers he just waived goodbye.  I had to beg for a hug and kiss good bye!

IMG_1870I have called to check on Mac several times in the past two days, but he is always so busy playing and having fun that he hasn’t had much time to talk to me.  G told me that she and Mac were watching tv when a weight watchers commercial came on.  The actress said something about how she used to eat and eat all day long.  Mac’s comment “That’s just like Copey!”  

G reports that bedtime is a little difficult.  The following conversation took place last night.

Mac: G I need you to take me home now because I just really love mommy more than you.

G: I know you love mommy the most and that is ok, but I can’t take you home right now because it is a long drive and G would fall asleep.

Mac: It’s ok G.  You can sleep and I’ll watch for cars while you drive me home!

Thankfully Mac came to his senses and went to bed sad but without shedding a tear.  He woke up happy and ready to play.  The report today was a great one and I think G went to bed more exhausted than Mac.

Copeland has been good the past few days, but he wanders around the house a little confused.  I know he is looking for Mac.  I think he has enjoyed his one on one time with me and Albi, but I can tell he misses his playmate and best friend.

IMG_1869I’m sure if Coe could talk he would say, “Come home soon Mac.  I need someone to play ball with!”  I have to say I agree.  I love giving Copeland undivided attention, but I miss my little red head too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I love this post! So sweet of Mac to want to be a co-pilot for G :) Hope you have a sweet reunion. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete