Monday, January 5, 2015

Coe’s 1st ever school performance

Coe’s preschool did a performance on two days during the last week of school.  The first day was for the K2 and K4 parents and 2nd was for K3 parents (us!).  After the 1st performance I asked him how it went.  He quickly told me that he did not sing, he was not going to sing at the next one and that we should not look at him!  I encouraged him to sing really loud and smile really big so I could hear him and take his picture.  He quickly told me that was not going to happen! 

In light of Coe's warnings Yaya, Daddy, Mac, Mrs. Myra and I all came to the performance expecting very little but wanting to be there for his first ever school performance.  Seeing all of us in the crowd must have relieved any stage fright Coe had earlier in the week.  Although he didn’t smile much (he was clearly concentrating), he sang and waved a lot! 

Coe’s favorite part was taking us to his class afterward for cookies and lemonade.  He also had a present for me and Albi.  He was beaming the whole time we were there and loved introducing us to all his school friends.  I can’t believe my baby is now on stage performing…granted it is just the preschool Christmas show, but it seems like yesterday I was swaddling him.

IMG_3660 IMG_3661 IMG_1806 IMG_1810 IMG_1811 IMG_1812 IMG_1813 IMG_1814ps IMG_1817

No comments:

Post a Comment