Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pirate camp vs a day with Mommy

Mac went to pirate camp last week at EDS.  He was super excited, and it turned out to be all I hoped for an more.  Mac met several new friends who will be in kindergarten with him next year and got to spend the whole week with his very best friend Jack P.  The hard part was the length of the day.  Camp was from 8:30-4 every day.  The first three days were great, but by the morning of day 4 he was EXHAUSTED and really wanted a day at home with mommy.   

Katie and I decided that picking him up at lunchtime so he could take a nap at was a necessity, and he did not protest.  After a good nap that afternoon he was ready for the last day where he got to dress up like a pirate.  Yaya had bought him a pirate costume which we tried on the night before.  I was awoken at 6:05 the next morning to a loud ARGH and this in my face… IMG_4285 We took a few more pictures before heading to the last day of camp.  It is going to be hard to top pirate camp week, but we plan to have fun the rest of the summer trying!IMG_4288

IMG_4289 IMG_4291 IMG_4295Not only was Mac exhausted by the end of day 3, but when I picked him up that afternoon he figured out I had spent the day with Copeland and he was not very happy.  Yaya had gone out of town and Miss Katie had company in town, so I took the day off and stayed home with Copeland.  Exhaustion + Jealousy = A bit of a tantrum and a lot of whining, but it was all forgotten after the nap the following day {yes this means he gave me a guilt trip for a full 24 hours!}

Despite Mac’s slight displeasure in the situation, Copeland and I had a great day.  I vowed to take more random days off to hang out with boys while they still fight for my time and attention.  I know these days won’t last forever so I’m taking full advantage of the time I have!

Coe and I went to the grocery store, played at Imagination Station at the Wahoos Stadium, went out to lunch at Al Fresco and were home in time for an afternoon nap.  I got a few hours of work in while Coe slept and before I knew it we were leaving to go pick up Mac.  We made a quick {much longer than planned} stop at the fish market where the boys saw lobsters {b/c Mac begged and pleaded to go back in and see them after we forgot to look at them on our first walk through} and got free vanilla ice cream along with some not so free shrimp to cook for dinner.  It was a good great awesome day away from the office.

   IMG_4231   PTMIMG_9352IMG_9363IMG_9368 IMG_9371   IMG_4237 IMG_4244 IMG_4249

IMG_4251

No comments:

Post a Comment