Saturday, May 11, 2013

34 and holding

I’m sitting in a hotel in New Orleans on an adult weekend away waiting for Albi to hurry up and get ready (something is backwards here!).  I figured I could take advantage of the few minutes of peace and quiet and update some blog posts that I’m behind on, so here goes.

Two weekends ago it was my 34th birthday.  I decided 34 is a good number and I’ll stick with that age for a while…maybe forever.  Wonder if anyone will believe I’m still 34 when Mac and Copeland graduate from college or have their first child.  Guess I will have to wait and see.  I digressed… back to my birthday weekend.

We celebrated my birthday plus mom’s and Charles’s birthday by going to Ruth’s Chris for a wonderful dinner.  We all got dressed up and even had a driver to take us back and forth from Mobile.  It was a wonderful night and we vowed to make the nice dinner out an annual birthday tradition..

    IMG_8143IMG_8152 

IMG_8144

IMG_8147

IMG_8149  IMG_8156  

I had promised Mac earlier in the week that if he was really good he could go on a special outing with just mommy on Saturday morning.  I had no idea he would be so excited about going somewhere with just me, but he was.  He told everyone that he was going on a special trip with mommy and daddy and Copey were not going.  We went to “Reap Day” at a volunteer garden maintained by local attorneys, Judges and former convicts.  Mac and I both ended up having a great time despite my initial reservations.  We will definitely go back, and I’m going to make an effort to schedule more one on one time with each of the kids.

IMG_3679 IMG_3680 IMG_3687IMG_3678

I waited top open my presents when the boys could both help me.  Copeland had no interest, but Mac is always willing to help out! It was a wonderful weekend with lots of time to relax and just be with my family!

IMG_8164 IMG_8167 

Hugs and smiles from these two boys is the best present I will ever receive on my birthday!  Thankfully I got a lot of both this year.

IMG_8186     seersucker

No comments:

Post a Comment