Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter cookies and a new bed

I have been working a lot of hours lately preparing for trial, so I have tried to make the limited time I’ve had with the boys extra fun (otherwise explained as mom guilt!).  Last Saturday I ran to the grocery store in the late afternoon and somehow came home with stuff to make Easter cookies.  The boys were ecstatic and took their jobs very seriously – especially the decorating part.  To say Copeland liked using the sprinkles was an understatement.  The only thing he liked more than using the sprinkles was licking them off his cookie so he could add some more. 

  IMG_7393 IMG_7395 IMG_7400 IMG_7403 IMG_7405 IMG_7409 IMG_7411 IMG_7413 IMG_7436 IMG_7455 IMG_7470 IMG_7474 IMG_7476

While the boys and I made cookies, Daddy converted the baby bed to a toddler bed.  I wondered how Copeland would respond because he LOVES his baby bed.  We have been talking about Coe getting a “big boy bed” for a few weeks, and this was the first transition step.  Copeland was thrilled with his bed!  He has always laid in his bed after waking up and played quietly.  He takes a long time to fully wake up and needs that quiet time rolling around in bed and snuggling his Bs.  I wondered with his new freedom if this trend would end?  After sleeping in the bed for a week now I can confirm that he still lays in bed and takes his time waking up.  Even better he won’t get out of the bed until someone comes in there to get him.  He quietly plays and eventually calls my name if I haven’t come in there already.  Big difference from big brother who wakes up talking (non-stop) and ready to start the day! 

IMG_7478 IMG_7482 IMG_7496

No comments:

Post a Comment