Sunday, March 23, 2014

first day of pre-school

We just got back from the best kid trip ever, and I’m slowly working my way through the piles on my desk after a week away and the hundreds of pictures on my camera!  I hope to have some posts on the trip ready this week, but for now I need to go back to the week before the trip.  Coe started school!!! 

With Katie temporarily leaving it made sense for Coe to go to school part time and then have someone pick him and Mac up after school and keep them at our house for the afternoon.  Thankfully Mac’s old pre-school had an opening in their 2yr old class.  It is a full day program, but Coe only goes from about 8:30-3:00 4 days a week (the new nanny keeps him and Frances all day on Wednesday).  I was very proud of myself and Coe on day 1.  Neither of us cried!  Day 2 Coe cried a little but I called 10min later to check on him and I was assured that he was happy and playing.  Coe hasn’t quite figured out how to nap at school, so he was exhausted every night and played catch up on Wednesday with a super long nap in his own bed.  the teachers said he lays on his mat and is quiet so I’m hoping he will get used to school naps and eventually start falling asleep.  If not then Wednesdays and weekends will be our catch up days. 

Due to our trip Coe only went to school 3 days the first week and then we were gone for a week.  I’m anxious to see how tomorrow’s drop off goes, but I’m confident he will do great even if he (or I) has a little initial hesitation!   IMG_6616IMG_6619ps IMG_6620ps IMG_6621ps

Sound asleep at 6:45 on the way home from Yaya’s after the first day of school!

IMG_6623

No comments:

Post a Comment