Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Funny words

Coe cracks me up with some of the things he says and the looks he gives.  He has a new side smile he gives quite often.  My father in law says I do the same thing.  Somehow I’m not thinking I look as cute when I do it :)  

 IMG_5592ps

He also has a habit of combining two words into one:

stummy = stomach and tummy

Muddle = mud puddle

Blanklet = not really two words just a funny way of referring to his blanket

 

And he has a few phrases that although not unusual, sound funny coming from a 2.5 yr old

What you talkin about?

You have got to be kidding me

That's what I'm talkin about

 

The conversation below is one we have now had for the past several nights…

Coe: Can we read a book in my room

Me: No we just read two books in Mackey's room. It's time for bed.

Coe: But I want to read this book myself.

Me: You can read it to yourself but I'm not reading anymore books (handing him the book)

Coe: (opens to first page) I need you to tell me the words

Me: If I tell you the words then I'm reading the book, and I told you no more books tonight .

Coe: (very exasperated): noooo I'm reading the book but I don't know the words so I need you to tell me them!

My baby is growing up and I’m trying to freeze time.  As long as he continues to let me rock him before I put him in his baby bed I will hold on to his baby side.  Coe just may stat kindergarten still in a crib.  As long as he is potty trained by then I won’t care!  {Our potty training attempts are a post all of their own!}  

No comments:

Post a Comment