Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Birmingham this year.  It was freezing almost the whole time we were there which I personally loved.  Its fun for us Floridians to wear our coats, scarves and sweaters…at least for a few days!  The boys and I were in town for a whole week due to a work commitment I had in Jasper, AL the Monday before Thanksgiving.  Shaw, Heather and the girls were in town by Tuesday afternoon and Albi rode up with Forrest and Ed on Wednesday. 

It was great having so much time in Birmingham and never feeling rushed to get stuff done.  We shopped.  We ate.  We played and then we shopped some more!  The boys even saw Santa one day at the mall.  The only negative of the whole week was watching Alabama lose to Auburn.  Admittedly it was a pretty big negative, but no one let it ruin their weekend.

Time is flying by and Christmas will be here in less than two weeks.  The holidays always make me nostalgic.  There are very few Thanksgiving meals that I specifically remember eating or Christmas presents that I remember opening, but I know I was happy, and I know I felt loved.  Forrest and I were surrounded by family during the holidays and the magic of Christmas was always alive.  I want my boys to look back and say the same thing one day.  During this season we have so much to be thankful for and by far my greatest blessings are my two little turkeys below!       

 IMG_4012ps IMG_4029 IMG_4035ps2 IMG_4075ps IMG_4087ps IMG_4096 IMG_4103psvicki card 3 IMG_5532 IMG_5543 IMG_5554 IMG_5559 IMG_5561 IMG_5801 IMG_5804 IMG_5805 IMG_5807 IMG_5894 IMG_5899  vicki card 2

No comments:

Post a Comment