Thursday, January 3, 2013

Conversations with Mac

Ear Wax

Before Christmas while still in Pensacola, Mac came running into the bathroom while I was bathing Copeland.  The following conversation took place:

Mac: I have the best present to give daddy.

Me: What?

Mac: Ear wax!

Me: What?

Mac: You know how daddy is always telling me to talk quietly and not be so loud.  Well I’m going to get him some ear wax so I won’t hurt his ears.

Me: I think you mean ear plugs!

I told my mom about this conversation later that night, and she said Mac had told her the same thing.  She suggested that he just talk quieter, but he promptly informed her that “getting ear wax for daddy is better because then I can be as loud as I want!”   

Boss of the family

Me: Mac you do not tell other people what to do.  You are not in charge.

Mac: Yes I am.  I am in charge of Copey.

Me: No you are not.  Who is the boss in our family?

Mac: That’s an easy one…Daddy is the boss!

Guess I lost that battle too!

Occupation and Heaven

This morning Mac came in my room and curled up in bed to snuggle for a few minutes before I had to get ready for work.  I was barely awake, and he was already talking full speed despite the fact that he is sick, had a 100.1 fever and was due for medicine.

Mac: Mommy, when I grow up I am not going to be a bull rider because that is very scary.  When they open the gate the bull comes rushing out and throws you off and you going flying and bang your head.  That is not fun.  I’m going to be a zoo keeper.  I have grow up first but there are still zoos that don’t have a zoo keeper so I will work there.  You can’t just open the cages and walk in though.  You have to throw the food to the animals or else they will bite your hand off.  Lions won’t just take a treat from your hand like a dog.  If the animal bites my finger off, I won’t die.  I will just have four fingers but you can still live with four fingers.  Mommy, heaven is really big, right?  It is bigger than our house because it has room for all the people to go there when they die.  I think it is bigger than the Earth.   

I’m pretty sure he said all of this without ever taking a breath! 

No comments:

Post a Comment