Monday, January 21, 2013

Big Boy pillow

Mac has slept on a baby pillow since…well as long as he has had a pillow in his baby bed.  After Jack P spent the night a week or so ago he told me that he was going to start sleeping on a big boy pillow.  I’m glad he still has his Bs and stuffed animals.  I’m not ready for him to grow up yet.  IMG_2695

Friday morning conversation with Mac while snuggled in my bed:

Mac: mommy did you know baby giraffes stay with their mommies for a year?
Me: Wow. How long are you going to stay with me?
Mac: forever. Well actually when I grow up I have to leave but I'm going to live in the house next to you if I can find you.
Me: trust me I'll let you know where I am!
Mac: well if there isn't a house right next to you I'll just live in your neighborhood.
Hope Mac's future wife really likes me since we are going to be neighbors!

 

Tonight’s bedtime conversation:

Mac: Mommy, when I go to heaven I don’t want to leave Petter (stuffed leopard), Tyson (stuffed Tiger) or Brownie (stuffed baby lab) here.  I want to take them with me and give them to God.  Then I will ask God to cover me with them. 

Me (with tears in my eyes): ok but you aren’t going to heaven for a really long time. I want you to be really, really, really old before you go so you can stay with me for a long time.

Mac: But mommy when I get big I have to leave, but don’t worry because I’m going to live next door and if I can’t find a house next to you I will find one in your neighborhood.

Me: and if you find one in a different neighborhood I’ll just come get a house by you. Can Copey live by us too.

Mac: Yes, but what if he finds a house in another neighborhood and he won’t listen to us

Me: we will just call him and tell him he has to come and live by us.

Mac: good deal mom. Let’s pinky promise!

If only I could freeze time…

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! the story about him going to heaven is just too precious. the faith of a child is so beautiful.
    love you and your family, rach!
    xoxo,
    stacy

    ReplyDelete