Tuesday, November 4, 2014

1st grade Scarecrows

Mac’s class dressed up as scarecrows and had “fun Friday” the Friday before Halloween.  The kids all decorated cupcakes to look like scarecrows and then did various math problems and science experiments with the pumpkins each student brought in.  I had a great time being the official photographer of the group! I snapped a quick pick of Mac and Coe before school that morning because it was hat day at ELC and the boys were just too cute not to document {yes, I know that one day they are going to kill me!}.  

   IMG_2302IMG_2304IMG_1268

This all took place on the same week Mac was student of the week.  he had to do an "all about me" poster as well as bring in various things throughout the week to share with the class. Mac did the entire poster by himself before I got home from work one night. When he grows up he wants to be an AL football player. His favorite color is gold and his favorite foods are waffles and bacon! He listed all his friends which included me, Albi, Coe and Mrs. Myra (wonder if she told him to add her :)).  He put a picture of our family and also of his pet – Picky - and one of himself. He said his favorite book was the Ninjago encyclopedia!  The poster was very Mac!

I'm really glad he did it without me being home, so it is truly a reflection of him. I would have made him pick 1-2 markers instead of the rainbow assortment he used. I would not have let him scribble anything out because I would've hovered and made sure he spelled it right the first time. The pictures would be glued on perfectly and probably backed with a border. And I would've encouraged a Caldecott book to list as his favorite. The end result would've been a beautiful poster all about mommy and not Mac! Instead I have a perfect Mac poster which is exactly what the teacher asked for.  Imperfections and all I give him an A+!

IMG_2210 IMG_2212

No comments:

Post a Comment